Kamis, 26 Juni 2008

Congratulations!

Study the following dialogue!

Lani : Congratulations! (Lani and Andi are shaking hands)

Andi : Thank you.

Lani : How did you get the scholarship?

Andi : I was chosen as the best student in my class. First, I didn’t know about it. Then when I opened my report card I got good marks in all subjects. The position is number one. Then I was called by the headmaster. He told me that I had the right to get the yearly scholarship.

Lani : What does your father do?

Andi : My father is an SLTP teacher.

Lani : And your mother?

Andi : She is not a career woman. She manages the household affairs.

Lani : Oh, you are lucky having good parents.

Andi : They always encourage me again and again to work hard.

Task One

Answer the following questions!

  1. How many persons are involved in the conversations?
  2. Why did Lani congratulate Andi?
  3. When did Andi know that he was the best in class?
  4. What kind of scholarship did Andi get?
  5. Who motivated Andi to work hard?

Task Two

There are three kinds of expressions of congratulating someone.

  • Congratulations!
  • I am delighted on hearing your success
  • Please accept my congratulations.

In pairs, write a short dialogue by using one of the above expressions!

2 komentar:

septimardianaa@yahoo.com mengatakan...

I will answer the questions in your material:
1. Two persons
2. Because Andi has got the scholarship.
3. When he opened his report
4. the yearly scholarship.
5. His parents

hikmahnur87@yahoo.com mengatakan...

I will answer questions in your material:
1. There are two persons.
2. Because Andi has got the scholarship.
3. When he opened his report.
4. Andi got the yearly scholarship.
5. His parents.